General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement.
- 1 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement.
- 1.1 Personal Information I will Collect.
- 1.2 How I will store your Personal Information.
- 1.3 How I may Process/Share your Personal Information.
- 1.4 Your Rights.
- 1.5 About LGBT Couple Counsellor Dean Richardson.
- 1.6 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is concerned with the personal information about you that I collect, store, and share.This page details my GDPR policy.
Personal Information I will Collect.
How I will store your Personal Information.
Consultation. I seek a monthly consultation with another therapist qualified in this process. The consultation process is for my practice (rather than seeking instruction on working with you). In order to protect your privacy, my consultant will not know you personally nor professionally. I will refer to you by your first name, and I may refer to you information verbally when it's helpful to my professional processes.
Therapeutic Will. Your name and contact details will be shared with my Therapeutic Executor. This is so that you will be contacted on the event of my death, should you still be in therapy with me.
Emergencies. If your health is in jeopardy (provided I have your consent) I may share your contact information with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. Mental Health Crisis Team).If I have become aware of your intent to cause harm to another person/organisation (e.g. terrorism), the law may require that I inform an authority without seeking your permission. In such a situation, the law may require that I share your personal information without your knowledge (known as: whistle-blowing).
Erasing your Information. When we have finished working together, I will erase electronic copies of your information & correspondence within one month.I will hold onto your written information for up to seven years past the end of our working together. This is so that I have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to counselling in the future. After this time has passed, I will shred the written information.
Your Rights. You have the following rights...
NB: A printed copy of this statement will be given to you when we first meet for counselling. If we agree to continue working together, we will both sign the printed copy of this statement to indicate our agreement.
About LGBT Couple Counsellor Dean Richardson.
You could choose any counsellor.
But… when you consider that this is probably the most personal and the vulnerable you're going to be with your partner, you'd likely want to choose someone you could trust with your relationship.
- Someone who was sensitive and effective with you and your partner's sexuality and ways of relating.
- Someone who demonstrates adept professional skills with lesbian female, gay male, and mixed sexuality couple relationships, who speaks plain English (and who can swear like a virtuoso, along with you both as much as you might need - or not at all), and works co-operatively with the couple's relationship (he doesn't sit in silence, or just goes: "Hmm" for 50 minutes).
- Someone who is an accredited member The National Counselling Society (Accreditation being a process that validates a counsellor's substantial experience and attention to an ethical practice) and who is a member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Union of Great Britain.
Plus, Dean is has postgraduate qualifications Couple Counselling (not all counsellors have such specific qualifications… I know, right?!) and focuses on LGBT relationship counselling as a speciality.
Yeah, you'd choose a local gay couple counsellor.
Simple choice, really 😉
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
If you have a question about gay & lesbian couple relationship counselling in Havant and Waterlooville, or want to ask about making your first appointment, feel free to drop me a line any time…