Website Copyright InformationHow the contents of this information were produced or obtained, and linked reference material.
- The item was made freely available on sources such as free image websites: pixabay.com, unsplash.com, publicdomainarchive.com, flickr.com (where the image has been licensed via Creative Commons for Commercial use), or other source that has stated the item is free to use,
- The original copyright owner has made the item available via a Creative Commons (CC) License for Commercial Use (this website being so used for commerce for provide private therapy resources),
- The source has stated that the item may be used provided a citation or link to the source is provided wherever the item is used,
- Other (and - where compulsory - a link to the original item or owner has been provided on this website's appropriate page).
NO MATERIAL on this website may be used without permission from the original copyright holder or unless the material has stated that it may be used, and the conditions of such use.
If you believe that you hold the copyright to material appearing on this website, that the item has been used in error, should you wish to contact me to demonstrate copyright and to have the material removed from this website please contact me using my contact form.
* the term "item" may mean (and is not limited to): image, journal publication, website publication, reference.
About Dean Richardson MNCS(Accred/Reg)
Given that this will be the most intimate and vulnerable you could be with your partner(s), you would want a talented professional whose expertise you can trust. Your couple or group relationship will be in good hands with Dean. He works from Great Britain, is Independent of "box 'em/shift 'e" organisations. He identifies as a gay couple counsellor. He is easily payable in pounds sterling! Dean already had an impressive 14 years actual video webcam experience way before the first British emergency began (did you notice other counsellors suddenly adding a video option to their portfolio?! 🤔).
What makes Dean a Distinct Counsellor
- Dean is sensitive and effective to your sexuality / gender-identity and intimate ways of relating to each other.
- You'll discover quickly that Dean is an informed member of your own community.
- Dean demonstrates adept skills with lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, mixed sexuality and same-or-mixed gender relationships. He avoids the role of an "all-knowing expert"; experts don't learn & respond, they instruct!
- Dean speaks plain English (and can swear like a virtuoso if you like, or not at all if you prefer). He works cooperatively with your relationship (no unnecessary silence, or just "hmms...").
- Dean is proud to be an accredited member of The National Counselling Society. Accreditation is a valued recognition, originally awarded 12 years ago from another professional body. Accreditation usefully validates a counsellor's substantial experience and attention to ethical practice. Dean is a member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Union of Great Britain.
Specialist in LGBT/QIA+ Relationships
Dean focuses on LGBT/QIA+ relationships as a specialty in therapy. He works with individuals, couples and small groups. Plus, he's qualified to a postgraduate level (Chichester PG Diploma in Psychodynamic/Systemic Couple Counselling, IGA National Foundation in Group Counselling) as a private practice counsellor*.
(*Note: not all counsellors, particularly those who are commonly qualified in Individual Counselling, have such specific qualifications for working with couples or groups. Nor do they have therapeutic relationship experience. Such counsellors may try, perhaps out of misplaced goodwill, to employ "individual" techniques but will find they are ineffective. This is simply because your relationship is not part of their primary theoretical framework nor rationale. A couple is not "individual-counselling-multiplied-by-two!" Remember to always ask your potential counsellor: "what qualifies you to work with our relationship?" and trust your instincts based on the responses you hear).