General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement.GDPR Statement of how your Personal Information is Collected, Stored and Processed.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is concerned with your personal data that I collect, store, and share.This page details my GDPR policy. A note about GMail (Outlook etc) and Electronic Messaging Systems - free electronic email & messaging services (Gmail, Outlook, Facebook, WhatsApp etc) regularly read incoming & outgoing messages electronically. One of the reasons for this is that the service gains knowledge about the messaging user for the purposes of selling advertising to other companies. To put it plainly: if you email me about the topic of, say, your sexuality using your GMail address it's very likely sexuality will be associated with your email account... which will possibly attract associated advertising topics wherever you're logged in with that same account (eg Google.com).
Personal Data I will Collect.
How I will store your Personal Data.
Consultation. I seek a monthly consultation with another therapist qualified in this process. The consultation process is for my practice (rather than seeking instruction on working with you). In order to protect your privacy, my consultant will not know you personally nor professionally. I will refer to you by your first name, and I may refer to your data verbally when it's helpful to my professional processes.*Session summaries are my aide mémoire to assist me in my consultation processes; they are my property.
Therapeutic Will. Your name and contact details will be shared with my Therapeutic Executor. This is so that you will be contacted on the event of my death, should you still be in therapy with me.
Emergencies. If your health is in jeopardy (provided I have your consent) I may share your contact data with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. Mental Health Crisis Team).If I have become aware of your intent to cause harm to another person/organisation (e.g. terrorism), the law may require that I inform an authority without seeking your permission. In such a situation, the law may require that I share your personal data without your knowledge (known as: whistle-blowing).
Erasing your Data. When we have finished working together, I will erase electronic copies of your data & correspondence within one month.I will hold onto your written/printed data for up to seven years past the end of our working together. This is so that I have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to counselling in the future. After this time has passed, I will destroy the written/printed data.
Your Rights. You have the following rights...
A note about GMail (Outlook etc) and Electronic Messaging Systems - free electronic email & messaging services (Gmail, Outlook, Facebook, WhatsApp etc) regularly read incoming & outgoing messages electronically. One of the reasons for this is that the service gains knowledge about the messaging user for the purposes of selling advertising to other companies. To put it plainly: if you email me about the topic of, say, your sexuality using your GMail address it's very likely sexuality will be associated with your email account... which will possibly attract associated advertising topics wherever you're logged in with that same account (eg Google.com).Best advice I can give is (a) to read the terms of service your free messaging provider and (b) to be cautious in what data you include when communicating electronically.
LGBT/QIA+ Counsellor Dean Richardson MNCS(Accred/Reg)
You could choose any counsellor.
But… when you consider that this is the most intimate & vulnerable you're going to be with your partner(s), you'd want to choose someone you could trust with your relationship in therapy. Someone who is British (working remotely but on the same soil) and payable in pounds. Maybe even someone who already had 13 years actual experience of working on webcam with Zoom & Skype before the National Lockdown began.
- Someone who was sensitive and effective with you and your partner's sexuality / gender-identity and intimate ways of relating.
- Someone, who'll you discover quickly, is an informed member of your own community.
- Someone who demonstrates adept skills with lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, mixed sexuality and same-or-mixed gender relationships, but who avoids taking the role of an "all-knowing expert" (experts don't learn & respond, they tell!).
- Someone who speaks plain English (and who can swear like a virtuoso, along with you both as much as you might prefer - or not at all), and works cooperatively with the relationship (doesn't sit in unnecessary silence, or just "hmms..." repeatedly).
- Someone who is an accredited member of The National Counselling Society (accreditation originally awarded 12 years ago from another professional body, being a process that validates a counsellor's substantial experience and attention to an ethical practice) and who is a member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Union of Great Britain.
Dean focuses on LGBT/QIA+ relationships as a specialty in therapy. He works with individuals, couples and small groups. Plus, he's qualified to a postgraduate level (Chichester PG Diploma in Psychodynamic/Systemic Couple Counselling, IGA National Foundation in Group Counselling) as a private practice counsellor*.
(*Note: not all counsellors - specifically those trained only in Individual Counselling - have such specific qualifications for working with couples nor groups, nor have experience of working therapeutically with relationships. Such counsellors try - out of perhaps misplaced goodwill - to employ ineffective "individual" techniques simply because your relationship is not part of their primary theoretical framework nor rationale. Remember always to ask a new counsellor: "what qualifies you to work with our relationship" and judge what you hear in response).
- 1 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement.
- 1.1 Personal Data I will Collect.
- 1.2 How I will store your Personal Data.
- 1.3 How I may Process/Share your Personal Data.
- 1.4 Your Rights.
- 1.5 LGBT/QIA+ Counsellor Dean Richardson MNCS(Accred/Reg)
- 1.6 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…